Frederick County Genealogical Society, Inc.'s mission is:
- To encourage participation from family and social historians
- To help promote their appreciation and knowledge of genealogical and historical research
- To offer and encourage continual education for family history and it compilation of information
- To stimulate proper research methods, and promote high standards of accuracy and documentation
- To preserve and disseminate genealogical informatio
- FRECOGS has been in existence since the mid-1970s and incorporated as a non-profit Maryland corporation in December 1999.
- Meetings are announced on the Frederick News Post Community News about 1 week before the meeting date.
- To acquaint members with sources of genealogical and related historical materials in and for Frederick County and Maryland.
- To educate members and the general public of the genealogical data and reserach techniques, with programs, classes, workshops, and publications.
- To serve as a medium of exchang of genealogical onformation through its newsletters ans meetings.
- To promote the collection, preservation, and utilization of manuscripts, documents and other material of genealogical and related historical value through reminders within the Society and promotional articles and speakers for the public.
- To aid local libraries in their maintenace and acquisition of genealogical materials through member volunteerism and the encouragement of charitable cash and collection donations.